Building on a solid foundation of knowledge and skills, this classic text from trusted author Mary Louise Turgeon clearly explains everything from basic immunologic mechanisms and serologic concepts to the theory behind procedures performed in the lab. This go-to resource prepares you for everything from mastering automated techniques to understanding immunoassay instrumentation and disorders of infectious and immunologic origin. Packed with learning objectives, review questions, step-by-step procedures, and case studies, this text is the key to your success in today’s modern laboratory environment.
- Procedural protocols help you transition from immunology theory to practical aspects of the clinical lab.
- Case studies allow you to apply your knowledge to real-world situations and strengthen your critical thinking skills.
- Updated illustrations, photographs, and summary tables visually clarify key concepts and information.
- Full-color presentation clearly showcases diagrams and micrographs, giving you a sense of what you will encounter in the lab.
- Learning objectives and key terms at the beginning of each chapter provide measurable outcomes and a framework for organizing your study efforts.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter provide you with review and self-assessment opportunities.
- NEW! Highlights of Immunology chapter presents a clear, accessible, and easy-to-understand introduction to immunology that will help you grasp the complex concepts you need to understand to practice in the clinical lab.
- NEW! Stronger focus on molecular laboratory techniques.
- NEW! Ten chapters include COVID-19 related topics, including Primer on Vaccines chapter covering newer vaccine production methods focusing on DNA and RNA nucleic acids and viral vectors, and covering eight different platforms in use for vaccine research and development against SARS-CoV-2 virus.
- NEW! All chapters include significant updates based on reviewer feedback.
- NEW! Key Concepts interwoven throughout each chapter highlight important facts for more focused learning.